Quotes from My Tenth Grade English Teacher

 Since the first day of school year 2016-2017, I had listed down every single witty and thought provoking quote my English teacher said whether intentional or not in the classroom. She is my most favorite teacher ever, her comments and humor land just right on the smart side of funny, it's like her age doesn't fit her personality (in a good way). She reminds me of the Little Prince from Antoine de Saint-Exupery's novella of the same name because her main ideology is retaining the childhood vigor and attitude in dealing with life's problems, not too serious and not too humorous. Her energy in teaching English is one of her many talents, it's evident that she likes what she's doing, and that is enough for me to like her as an educator. 

This is a selected collection of wise and heart-warming sayings from my grade ten English teacher:

"The denser you are, the harder you fall."
- In talking about Oedipus' hubris

"Put your mind over matters."
- About problems we encounter in school
"Life is a warfare, if we do not know how to listen, we lose."

"These people [family members], if you love them now, you will love them even more when you grow older."
- When we talked about Christina Rossetti's poem titled "Song"  

"Friendship is not lost, nor is it forgotten."
- About childhood friendships

"It's better to smile if you're angry."
- Commenting about disputes in the faculty room.

"Do not die with regrets, make your death, happy."

"I live in my own reality, and so must you."
- About our own sets of opinions and perspectives.

"Only one who does not have a mission does not have any road to follow in his life."
- Her advice on choosing the right career path.
And the one I like most:

"The essence of life is understanding, we cannot give meaning to something which we cannot understand."

- Her advice on appreciating and giving meaning to relationships.